Blockchain in Africa
African Lawyers were satisfactorily trained on Blockchain and related issues at the BLOCKCHAIN FOR LAWYERS 101, held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Training and Exhibition Centre, Ikeja, in Lagos – Nigeria on July 5, 2019.
Our Senior Associate, Epanty MBANDA was among the technology experts in attendance.
This training saw the presence of lawyers that provide advisory services to startups, government and international institutions on the digital transformation taking place in Africa.
During the training the participants exchanged on the following:
- Blockchain and why it matters for Lawyers
- the characteristics or features of Blockchain, smart contracts
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Contract drafting and transactional practice
- ICO/STO/IEO Legal Advisory Services
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency Business Formation Onshore and Offshore
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency Investment Advisory Services
- AML/KYC Advisory and drafting services
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Crowdfunding using virtual assets through the process of tokenization
- Legal risk management and regulatory compliance
- Business negotiation
- Private equity advisory
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Legal Consultancy